Gently Nourish and Moisturize Delicate Skin
Weleda Calendula Body Lotion is soothing, nourishing cream, made with 99% organic ingredients, that moisturizes dry, delicate skin. A light, hydrating body lotion that is safe for use on newborns, it's dermatologically proven to be skin-friendly, even on the most sensitive skin.
Organic calendula flower extract, grown in Weleda's own gardens, soothes and wraps your child in a nurturing layer of warmth and comfort. A nutritive base of organic sweet almond and sesame oils ensures that the lotion is easily absorbed, while beeswax and cocoa butter smooth baby's skin and protect from dryness.
With a calming fragrance from pure essential oils of calendula and chamomile, this body lotion is the key to keeping baby's skin soft and healthy from head to all ten toes.
Key Ingredients & Benefits:
- Free of parabens and synthetic preservatives, phthalates and chemical fragrances, petroleum-derived ingredients and GMOs
- Plant extracts and oils soothe and moisturize skin naturally
- 99% organic
- Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Fruit Extract: Pressed from the nut kernels of the Sweet Almond tree, this fine, nearly colorless and odorless oil, is especially mild and gentle. It is extremely well-tolerated by the skin and is easily absorbed. Due to its high content of essential fatty acids, it protects the skin from drying and improves the skin’s barrier function, keeping it smooth and supple.
- Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Seed Oil: Commonly referred to as Sesame, this tropical plant yields the yellow or black colored seeds known as Sesame Seeds. This tropical plant is native to Africa and other subtropical areas. The light oil from the seeds contains a high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants. Due to its natural orientation to the sun, this warming and protective oil stimulates the circulation. It also assists in the buildup of the skin’s natural lipid layer.
- Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract: Commonly referred to as Marigold, this annual herb is from the Family Asteraceae, the Sunflower Family. The plant is native to central, eastern and southern Europe. It is made up of single, yellow to bright orange colored flowers that capture the strength and heat of the sun as it rises in the morning. The Calendula plant is comprised of carotenoids, flavonoids and essential oils. This gentle and nourishing botanical possesses powerful healing and anti-inflammatory properties.