Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar 3 times daily until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma® immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
Results take time
Don't get discouraged if you do not notice results right away. Generally, Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 users start to see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 is available in a 20 gram tube. Look for it in the first aid aisle.
For use as a sunscreen:
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Reapply at least every 2 hours
- Children under 6 months: Ask a doctor
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
To view full Drug Facts and Product Ingredients, click here.
- Skin Cancer/Skin Aging Alert: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. This product has been shown only to help prevent sunburn, not skin cancer or early skin aging.
- For external use only
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
- When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs.
- Keep out of reach of children. If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Mederma® Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 could discolor delicate fabrics such as silk, leather, suede, and others.